FGHIGate на GaNJa NeTWoRK ST@Ti0N - Просмотр сообщения в эхоконференции IPV6
Введите FGHI ссылку:

Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции IPV6 с датами от 31 Jul 11 14:37:00 до 01 Apr 24 00:03:00, всего сообщений: 7402
= Сообщение: 5779 из 7402 ============================================= IPV6 =
От   : Ward Dossche                     2:292/854          08 Dec 18 13:15:41
Кому : Michiel van der Vlist                               08 Dec 18 13:15:41
Тема : Re: New in this
FGHI : area://IPV6?msgid=2:292/854+0e17154b
На   : area://IPV6?msgid=2:280/5555+5c0b86ca
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: ASCII ==================================
Ответ: area://IPV6?msgid=2:280/5555+5c0bcd3d
Michiel,

Mv> Maybe you still have a friend at Belgacom that can "arrange" something
Mv> for you. Maybe there are some tricks to raise your access level. Google
Mv> is your friend. An maybe we do not need it for now. Ping is nice, but not
Mv> essantial.

My Belgacom years are 16 years behind me, the people I knew have mostly been reorganized away.

Belgacom\Proximus\Skynet do not seem to have a public forum to ask questions and from what I encounter Googling it seems there are a lot of frustrated people who simply want more.

What they are attempting is discouraging the possibility that you have incoming IPv6, discourage home-servers. Phone-support seems to be of the "I hope I don't break my nail" kind.

Mv>WD> Let me get to their local shop on Monday and see if they understand
Mv>WD> what I'm talking about ...

Mv> Don't be surprised if you get a blank stare if you ask about IPv6...

That's what I fear ... they are good at selling smartphones.

Mv> What puzzels me is that you obviously have outgoing IPv6 capability and
Mv> your OS is configuerd to first try IPv6. A very simple quick test is
Mv> here:

Mv> www.kame.net

Mv> If you see the turtle dance, you have outgoing IPv6.

Let me put it this way, the turtle isn't dancing, looks more like swimming but I guess that's what you meant.

Mv> What puzzles me is that your binkd does not make outgoing IPv6 calls.
Mv> AFAIK, all versions of binkd that support IPv6 default to the OS
Mv> preference when choosing between IPv4 and IPv6. In your case IPv6.

Mv> Binkd should make outgoing IPv6 calls. But it does not, you come in with
Mv> IPv4 in my logs.
Mv> Binkd can be forced to use either IPv4 or IPv6 on an outgoing call, but
Mv> that is not the default.

Mv> There may be something in the interface between D'Bridge and Binkd that I
Mv> am unaware of. Kees should be your man, AFAIK he is the only Fidonet
Mv> sysop that got D'Bridge to do IPv6.

I think D'bridge is not involved. Way way back when Chris Irwin dropped away and there litterally was no D'Bridge support until Nick popped and started his Opus Magnum, I wrote my own work-around to become IP-capable, and to this day these routines still work ... if it ain't broke don't fix it.

It simply is a Binkley-style outbound which I create and Binkd deals with that.

And D'bridge itself does not have any generic binkp-capable code. It als creates a Binkly-style outbound ... I think. Let me upgrade to the latest DB-distributed binkd-code and see what happens.

Mv> By default the IPv6 firewall in the router will drop every unsollicited
Mv> incomong IPv6 packet. To allow incoming one has to punch a hole in the
Mv> firewall for the port(s) and destination(s).

I will play with it some more the next few days.

 \%/@rd

--- D'Bridge 3.99 SR33
* Origin: When there's an elephant in the room, introduce him (2:292/854)