FGHIGate на GaNJa NeTWoRK ST@Ti0N - Просмотр сообщения в эхоконференции IPV6
Введите FGHI ссылку:

Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции IPV6 с датами от 31 Jul 11 14:37:00 до 01 Apr 24 00:03:00, всего сообщений: 7402
= Сообщение: 6728 из 7402 ============================================= IPV6 =
От   : Victor Sudakov                   2:5005/49          04 Aug 21 21:49:42
Кому : Alexey Vissarionov                                  04 Aug 21 21:49:42
Тема : Two ISPs and backup for a home network (dual-homing)
FGHI : area://IPV6?msgid=2:5005/49+610aadfa
На   : area://IPV6?msgid=2:5020/545+60e1ce69
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Dear Alexey,

04 Jul 21 17:27, you wrote to me:

AV>>> Most of these devices have Linux kernel, but crippled userspace.

AV> In general, IoT devices should reside in a separate VLAN without any
AV> access to outer world.

Most of the value of IoT devices depends on their access to the outer world. By denying them access, you lose this value.

AV> Whether you need to access any of them from
AV> outside, you have SSH running on the gateway for that.

Who in their right mind would access their smart vacuum cleaner, thermostat or security camera by SSH? I want the vaccuum cleaner to notify me on the mobile app when it's finished or stuck.

I can agree that ingress access to the IoT device network is usually unnecessary, egress access is enough for them.

AV>>> For dumb devices, especially portable, I'd suggest using NPT.
VS>> How well does NPT (being stateless) work with FTP, SIP and other
VS>> protocols which embed addresses into payload?

AV> FTP is dead.

It is not. You just don't know.

AV> SIP clients normally use only LAN (everything else should
AV> be performed by a gateway).

Tell that to sipnet.ru and many other VoIP providers. I've seen even semi-private VoIP networks (for admins) working over the Internet.

AV> Well, I can imagine a SIP client connecting to the corporate SIP PBX.
AV> To work properly in a multi-link environment, it have to establish
AV> _two_ connections for the SIP control channels.

May be so, if a SIP client itself is multihomed. In this case, it may survive the disconnection of one of the uplinks, is that what you mean?

AV>>> Fully functional computers may be connected to some other VLANs
AV>>> (two at once in your case) and configured to use real addresses.
VS>> Speaking of those fully functional computers in the LAN, do you
VS>> mean the setup when there is a script pinging some outside hosts/
VS>> interfaces and modifying the IPv6 routing table, or something
VS>> more advanced and interesting?

AV> Trivial per-interface VRF.

And how do applications (e.g. a Web browser) decide which VRF to use for outgoing connections? If one of the VRFs has no connection to the Internet, as was the original question. The application must know that this VRF is currently "disconnected" and act accordingly, how do you handle that?

Victor Sudakov, VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
--- GoldED+/BSD 1.1.5-b20170303-b20170303
* Origin: Ulthar (2:5005/49)