FGHIGate на GaNJa NeTWoRK ST@Ti0N - Просмотр сообщения в эхоконференции IPV6
Введите FGHI ссылку:

Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции IPV6 с датами от 31 Jul 11 14:37:00 до 01 Apr 24 00:03:00, всего сообщений: 7402
= Сообщение: 6729 из 7402 ============================================= IPV6 =
От   : Victor Sudakov                   2:5005/49          04 Aug 21 22:12:18
Кому : Dmitry Protasoff                                    04 Aug 21 22:12:18
Тема : Two ISPs and backup for a home network (dual-homing)
FGHI : area://IPV6?msgid=2:5005/49+610ab0eb
На   : area://IPV6?msgid=2:5001/100.1+60e19d4e
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Ответ: area://IPV6?msgid=2:5001/100.1+611d8954
Dear Dmitry,

04 Jul 21 13:51, you wrote to me:

DP>>> For example - rerouting traffic via VPN to get thru RKN's DPI.
DP>>> Real life scenario :)

VS>> Why would you need NAT for that? Get a VPN/tunnel provider who
VS>> offers a global /64 or /56 or even a /48, like HE does.

DP> With he.net you'll loose access to local google caches and to local
DP> CDNs. With ipv4 I can forward only blocked subnetworks via VPN, with
DP> ipv6 and without NAT66 I can't do that.

Well, it's a valid point of course. The protocol designers are not required to forsee the acts of malicious morons breaking the Internet intentionally. But they could have provided for a simple failover mechanism.

OTOH, when I have to circumvent RKN, I prefer to start a new browser session where all traffic goes via a VPN. Yes, I lose access to local google caches and to local CDNs, but be it so.

DP>>> Yeah, but you can have "host" part the same for several uplinks
DP>>> and change prefix only on NPTv6 gateway. It's the best ipv6 can
DP>>> offer for you, sorry.

VS>> Too bad and a bit unexpected. There are/were rather complex
VS>> things like Mobile IPv6 and HMIP, and they have not thought of a
VS>> simple failover?

DP> Mobile IPV6 is an operator controlled tool to keep your IPv6 address
DP> intact. But you are asking for exactly the opposite solution - to
DP> change your IPv6 address.

Not exactly "to change my IPv6 address", but rather provide some simple failover mechanism for multihomed IPv6 hosts. It has just come to my mind: if those multihomed hosts ran some kind of routing protocol (OSPFv3 or a simple equivalent thereof) there would be absolutely no problem selecting the working gateway.

DP>>> It adds more complexity and cannot be implemented easily in
DP>>> userland across multiple OSes.

VS>> OK, let's start anew with a simple setup. If there are two
VS>> routers in a home LAN advertising different global prefixes, and
VS>> one of them goes offline, will IPv6 end hosts detect that and
VS>> remove the corresponding addresses from their configuration?

DP> Yes but you'll still have single routing table and timeout for client
DP> to remove dead ipv6 address from interface and routing table is large
DP> enough to be unacceptable for general use.

So, we need some simple routing protocol with keepalives, running both on end hosts and the router?

Victor Sudakov, VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
--- GoldED+/BSD 1.1.5-b20170303-b20170303
* Origin: Ulthar (2:5005/49)