FGHIGate на GaNJa NeTWoRK ST@Ti0N - Просмотр сообщения в эхоконференции IPV6
Введите FGHI ссылку:

Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции IPV6 с датами от 31 Jul 11 14:37:00 до 01 Apr 24 00:03:00, всего сообщений: 7402
= Сообщение: 6711 из 7402 ============================================= IPV6 =
От   : Alexey Vissarionov               2:5020/545         04 Jul 21 17:27:22
Кому : Victor Sudakov                                      04 Jul 21 17:27:22
Тема : Two ISPs and backup for a home network (dual-homing)
FGHI : area://IPV6?msgid=2:5020/545+60e1ce69
На   : area://IPV6?msgid=2:5005/49+60e14ba9
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Ответ: area://IPV6?msgid=2:5005/49+610aadfa
Good ${greeting_time}, Victor!

04 Jul 2021 12:44:50, you wrote to me:

VS>>> This is not feasible because most of those LAN hosts are
VS>>> smartphones, smart TVs, vacuum cleaners, cameras and other IoT
VS>>> devices.
AV>> Most of these devices have Linux kernel, but crippled userspace.

In general, IoT devices should reside in a separate VLAN without any access to outer world. Whether you need to access any of them from outside, you have SSH running on the gateway for that.

VS>>> Indeed. I don't like the idea of using NAT in IPv6 even if I
VS>>> could. So what's the solution?
AV>> For dumb devices, especially portable, I'd suggest using NPT.
VS> How well does NPT (being stateless) work with FTP, SIP and other
VS> protocols which embed addresses into payload?

FTP is dead. SIP clients normally use only LAN (everything else should be performed by a gateway).

Well, I can imagine a SIP client connecting to the corporate SIP PBX. To work properly in a multi-link environment, it have to establish _two_ connections for the SIP control channels. Software PBXes (Asterisk and some others) are known to work. Clients running on a PDAs are unlikely.

AV>> Fully functional computers may be connected to some other VLANs
AV>> (two at once in your case) and configured to use real addresses.
VS> Speaking of those fully functional computers in the LAN, do you
VS> mean the setup when there is a script pinging some outside hosts/
VS> interfaces and modifying the IPv6 routing table, or something more
VS> advanced and interesting?

Trivial per-interface VRF.

--
Alexey V. Vissarionov aka Gremlin from Kremlin
gremlin.ru!gremlin; +vii-cmiii-ccxxix-lxxix-xlii

... god@universe:~ # cvs up && make world
--- /bin/vi
* Origin: ::1 (2:5020/545)