FGHIGate на GaNJa NeTWoRK ST@Ti0N - Просмотр сообщения в эхоконференции IPV6
Введите FGHI ссылку:

Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции IPV6 с датами от 31 Jul 11 14:37:00 до 01 Apr 24 00:03:00, всего сообщений: 7402
= Сообщение: 5464 из 7402 ============================================= IPV6 =
От   : Tony Langdon                     3:633/410          25 Apr 18 07:52:00
Кому : Michiel van der Vlist                               25 Apr 18 07:52:00
Тема : Re: New one in the making
FGHI : area://IPV6?msgid=609.fido-ipv6@3:633/410+1f44eaa1
На   : area://IPV6?msgid=2:280/5555+5adf321e
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: ASCII ==================================
-=> Michiel van der Vlist wrote to Tony Langdon <=-

MvV> Hmm.. I see that I should have been more specific than "they" in the
MvV> 2nd sentence of the quote above.

Yes, had we been conversing in person, I would have asked for clarification of
which "they" you mentioned. :)

MvV> I was talking about my ISP. Here there is just one ISP on the cable.
MvV> That is the "they" I meant above. But there also is xDSL available on
MvV> the old copper from the POTS era. On the old POTS copper one has a
MvV> choice of about a dozen ISPs. Albeit at lower speed...

That was the situation with cable here, but with the HFC networks in Australia
(No HFC around my location anyway)

MvV> My first cable modem was a Motorola Surfboard. Indeeed just a bridge
MvV> after which I had my own router. The modem was on loan from the ISP,

I can't remember what my first cable modem was, but the second one was a
Surfboard.  Both were bridges.

MvV> the router was my own. Now "they" only have modems with a build in
MvV> router. They do not sell them, you get them on loan.

I'm not sure exactly what the arrangement was when I had cable.  Yes, they
"supplied" the modem, but I can't recall the exact arrangement.  All I know is
when I had to upgrade, it was like "turn everything off, swap modems, wait 5
minutes and then restart everything - oh, and throw the old modem away...".

MvV> Most xDSL providers have the same or a similar policy. Some of them
MvV> even offer full stack native IPv6.

Yep. :)

MvV> The reason I stay with the cable is that they have an attractive "all
MvV> in one" offer. TV + Telephone + internet. With much more bandwith than
MvV> xDSL.

Yeah, I don't do cable TV, even when I was on the cable - I never found it good
value.  Netflix is the first subscription service I've found worth paying for,
for TV.

MvV> No fiber in this area...  And no IPv6 on any of the mobile providers...

I'm not aware of any mobile providers with IPv6 here either. :(

... If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?
=== MultiMail/Win32 v0.49
--- SBBSecho 3.03-Linux
* Origin: Freeway BBS Bendigo,Australia freeway.apana.org.au (3:633/410)