Кому : All                                                 30 Aug 14 08:39:58
Тема : REGCON.EUR: Авария у Варда ликвидирована
FGHI : area://RU.FIDONET.DIGEST?msgid=2:50/15+54015838
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================

> Вернувшийся в Бельгию 29 августа зональный европейский координатор Вард
> Дошше поведал жутковатую историю об элетроаварии в его доме, вызванной
> скачком напряжения, и приведшей, в частности, к выходу из строя роутера
> ("Нам повезло, что не было большого пожара"). В связи с этим некоторое
> время в Z2 не выходили нодлисты. В настоящее время последствия аварии в
> основном ликвидированы, очередной нодлист выпущен и прошёл по файлэхе.

* Area : REGCON.EUR
* From : Ward Dossche, 2:292/854 (29 Августа 2014 07:13)
* Subj : Situation report
Dear All,

I made it back to Belgium yesterday Aug.29th and reviewed the system.

As suspected the router was fried as the result of a power-spike. This was caused by an emergency stop in a nuke-central and the electricity box here in the house could not deal with it, all the fuses blew and the thing physically sort of melted. We are lucky there has not been a major fire.

Connection from the router to the internet-modem was OK, the WiFi part was also OK although the cabled part was not and the internet could not be reached. Accessing the router firmware via 192.168.0.1 did not work either.

Solution was shelling-out a whole 39 EURO for a new router and we're back in business.

The WiFi-part picked-up immediately but I had to wrestle a bit with the routing of port 24554. That seems to function now as I see incoming traffic.

Can someone test the FTP-part please? We've had discussions about that in the past, but have a go anyway.

I also notice oddities with the PC where the mailer runs on. The fan of the power-supply is down and sometimes inexpliccably internet drops. So it's possible there's some heat-damage in which case I will need to replace that machine.

Nothing smells burned here, hopefully we're back in business.

All backed-up traffic has been released, which means a ton of DAILYLST-nodelists.

Producttion of today's nodelist has been delayed until later to allow RCs to drop their segments with perhaps needed changes. So today's nodediff/nodelist will be released by this evening when there's some more material in.

Thank you for the patience.

 \%/@rd

--- GoldED+/W32-MINGW 1.1.5-b20120515
* Origin: Esquire Station (2:50/15)