FGHIGate на GaNJa NeTWoRK ST@Ti0N - Просмотр сообщения в эхоконференции RU.FIDONET.DIGEST
Введите FGHI ссылку:

Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции RU.FIDONET.DIGEST с датами от 15 Jul 13 08:53:56 до 22 Apr 24 09:34:20, всего сообщений: 2389
= Сообщение: 1581 из 2389 ================================ RU.FIDONET.DIGEST =
От   : Vladimir Fyodorov                2:6035/3.1         27 Aug 20 12:07:28
Кому : All                                                 27 Aug 20 12:07:28
Тема : СОБ.ИНФ.: Какими были BBS в Японии и СССР?
FGHI : area://RU.FIDONET.DIGEST?msgid=2:6035/3.1+5f477971
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================

> Пользователь reddit'а shanoxilt интересуется, какими были BBS вне
> западных стран, и что за программное обеспечение в них использовалось.
> Особо упоминаются СССР и Япония. Ответов пока маловато.

reddit.com : https://bit.ly/2YDMCGR

===
/retro/ - What were BBSs like outside the West? I'm talking Japan, the USSR, etc. Japan had NEC PC-88s and 98s, what BBS software did they have?

samalex01
I never called any BBSes outside of the US and Canada back in the day, but I remember talking to lots of folks on Fidonet saying the decentralized manor of BBSes and Fidonet specifically made it a great way to communicate especially in communist countries. East Germany for example had a few lines out that people would use to get news and info about the world, as did some areas of USSR where the government heavily monitored the media outlets. BBSes back then could go under the radar on analog phone systems as all they needed was an outside phone line and a minute or two for data bursts.

Pristine-Mechanic
That's awesome

velskapt
Up here in Norway we used mostly PCBoard, wildcat and MBBS (Mike's Bulletin Board System, similar to RBBS(?)).

lucidphreak
I called (from the states) into canada, UK, ireland, australia, france, germany and I think even some stuff in africa.. I was a phone phreak so access to stuff far away was not a big deal. There were some foreign language bbs's out there but believe it or not most were in english.. I dont recall dialing into any communist locations like russia so I cant speak for that. LOTS of stuff in germany though... I mostly saw stuff like PCBoard abroad, though some of them ran the "scene" bbs softwares of the day like forum, emulex, FCP, genesis, and especially Celerity.. Great memories!!!

SqualorTrawler
There are still several up and running, and they sometimes run software I don't recognize at all.

dmine45
Asian BBSes are vastly different than the ones we're used to. And surprisingly there quite a few still out there.
===

--- GoldED+/OSX 1.1.5-b20180707
* Origin: Esquire Station (2:6035/3.1)