FGHIGate на GaNJa NeTWoRK ST@Ti0N - Просмотр сообщения в эхоконференции RU.FIDONET.TODAY
Введите FGHI ссылку:

Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции RU.FIDONET.TODAY с датами от 09 Jul 13 15:35:00 до 06 May 24 05:48:42, всего сообщений: 44200
= Сообщение: 14898 из 44200 =============================== RU.FIDONET.TODAY =
От   : Vladimir Fyodorov                2:50/15.1          26 Jun 19 09:06:38
Кому : Timur Kvolkidi                                      26 Jun 19 09:06:38
Тема : Re: Этот день в истории Фидо
FGHI : area://RU.FIDONET.TODAY?msgid=2:50/15.1+5d130c93
На   : area://RU.FIDONET.TODAY?msgid=2:5023/24.3662+71f8ced7
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Разнообразно приветствую тебя, Timur!

23 Июня 2019, Timur Kvolkidi писАл к Bender Rodriguez следующее:

BR>> 22 июн     1992. John A. Vink (1:250/318) анонсировал бета-версию
BR>> JVArcServ - FTN-сервера для поиска архивов.
TK> И как это работало? Отправляешь имя файла, а в ответ- где его можно
TK> фрекнуть? Или по описанию тоже поиск был?

===
FidoNews 9-25  22 Jun 1992
===
by John A. Vink
1:250/318

JVArcServ - a server to locate specified archives.

JVArcServ V1.00 is now under beta testing and seems to be running well
with a release version to be out soon.  JVArcServ eliminates your woes
in trying to find a certain file, and eliminates the "does anyone have
such and such for file request" questions in the echos.

JVArcServ is based on the InterNet utility Archie designed at McGill
University in Canada.  This utility allows users to locate programs
available via anonymous FTP from sites around the world.  Since there
are thousands of anonymous FTP sites around the world, each one
holding several gigabytes of software, this utility was a great sigh
of relief.  There are now eight Archie servers in operation today.

FTN networks can sometimes give operators the same problems.  There is
lots of software out there available via file requests.  The question
is just "where?".

The server keeps a specially formatted version of each system's file
list in the network.  Users can then ask questions such as "Where is
this filename," "Find this description," and "Does anything match this
keyword?".

Some other interesting commands are also available such as "List nodes
and zones covered by this server" and other such questions.

JVArcServ is as automated as possible.  It will allow new nodes to
join automatically through netmail, and new file lists will be
automatically requested each month.  The sysop running the server will
only have to set it up once and then forget that it exists.

The idea behind JVArcServ is that one node in each network will run
the server and maintain file lists from every other node in the
network.  The server will only be useful with the cooperation of all
the sysops in the network to register with the server and keep undated
versions of the formatted file lists.

JVArcServ and the file compiler also implements a routing system in
the event that a node is long distance from the server.  When the node
registers, it can ask that its file list be requested from a different
node.  In this case, the node creating the file lists would send its
file lists to this second node where it is to be requested from.

An echo for beta testers and technical support for JVArcServ has been
created and it is available from 1:250/318.

JVArcFC, the program which creates the specially formatted file lists,
is now available as a general release.  It can be file requested from
1:250/318 as JVARCFC.

If you are interested in JVArcServ, if you have any questions, or if
you want to set it up for your network, just send me netmail and I'll
be happy to help you out.  The server is now running at 1:250/318.  To
try it out, send netmail to "JVArcServ", and in the body of the text
include the line "HELP".
===

Всяческих благ. Искренне Ваш, Vladimir Fyodorov, эсквайр.
... Похоже, я опять попал в оффтопик...
--- GoldED+/OSX 1.1.5-b20180707
* Origin: Esquire Station (2:50/15.1)