Кому : All                                                 26 Dec 19 19:38:53
Тема : Bruce D Evans R.I.P.
FGHI : area://RU.UNIX.BSD?msgid=grosbein.net+6fd22774
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: ASCII ==================================
The sister of Bruce Evans (bde) has some sad news.

-------------------- Start of forwarded message --------------------
Subject: Bruce D Evans
Cc: core-secretary@FreeBSD.org
From: Julie Saravanos <jsaravanos@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2019 16:36:54 +1100
To: jrm@FreeBSD.org

Hello Joseph,

I would like to share some sad news with the FreeBSD community,
my brilliant but humble brother, Dr Bruce David Evans of Sydney Australia,
passed away last week on the 18th December 2019 aged 68 years.

From what I understand Bruce made important contributions to the computing
world; he was the author of Minix 386 patches and served on the FreeBSD
core team from its inception, continuing to contribute to the project
for the duration of his life. He studied at Macquarie University in Sydney and
at The University of Pennsylvania.

Bruce did not marry or have children instead pursuing his interests and
dedicating his life to the computing world. He also had a passion
for online bridge, science fiction, maths and physics. His philosophy in life
and work was to keep things as simple as possible. His death was sudden,
therefore, he leaves behind a mess of books and computers which may contain
items of interest.

I would be grateful if you could share the news of Bruce.s passing
with the FreeBSD community and would be more than happy to be contacted
by anyone who had an interest or connection with him.

Yours Truly,
Julie Saravanos

12 Edgewater Drive
Nambucca Heads NSW 2448